Thursday, May 14, 2009

Let the chaos begin!

So we are down to our final push this weekend before our movers come on Monday. I have the girls packed for the most part and their small clothes put up in Space Saver bags. Now I just need to finish their laundry and the boys so I can put the girls clothes in bags or a suitcase and begin the boys packing! Whew... A lot left to do and short time to do it... Hopefully it will all go quickly and smoothly.

Our trip to Vegas was a lot of fun. We felt like we were in a whirlwind the whole time, but enjoying ourselves as we went. We didn't get to go down to the strip or do any real gambling. We didn't really want to gamble but we would have liked to have seen the strip. We will see it this fall hopefully! We did get to see some of the hotels downtown. Jerry got to see the inside of the Luxor hotel and we both got to see the inside of the Bellagio as our friends took us to see the "O" show there. It is their Cirque du Soliel show and it was ASTOUNDING! Simply amazing! The tricks and side shows and the water and the stunts... WOW! It is defintely a show anyone going there should see!

While we were there Caleb got sick, which isn't too good since he is a slow weight gainer. Jerry and I talked it over and we are supplementing him with formula. With the stress of the move and how small he is already... we can't really take any chances with him not gaining what he should. I am a little saddened but at the same time I feel a little more free. He is the longest I have nursed any of my boys. Half the time I feel like I fight him to nurse because he wants to see the kids or what is going on around him. This way he can.

Jerry cut Caleb's hair this week as well. He cut off his little mohawk... that makes me sad. He doesn't look like a little baby anymore. He looks like a bigger baby... So many changes in one week are starting to weigh on my emotions here! All sweet babies must get bigger and all military families have to move eventually... this I know, but it doesn't make it any easier when it stares you in the face!

We are hoping to have some good family time before we move down to GA. We still haven't found a house to buy or rent. That is starting to get to Jerry and I but we are just holding on to our faith in that God provides us what we need when we need it and that is that!

My parents are coming over this Friday to drop off furniture and take two of our kiddos back with them. We were going to send the older 4 home but decided that Jay and Anna are old enought that they will probably need closure on this move. So we are keeping them and Caleb with us and sending Xavier and Sydney home to spend the week with g-parents. Hopefully, it will be a lot less stress all around for everyone! Only time will tell though!

I better get off here and fold some clothes and switch the others over so I can finish up the packing of our clothes that we HAVE to have!!

We hope to see all our local friends and ones in IN before we go. Please forgive us if we don't!

No comments: