Friday, July 3, 2009

Our new home!

This could be really long so I am going to shorten it!

-We arrived in Warner Robins on Monday the 22nd of June.
-We stayed in our new house on Wednesday the 23rd.
-We had our household goods delivered on Friday the 26th.
-Jerry in-processed the base on Tuesday and Wednesday the 30th and 1st of July.
-The cable company ran lines and set up boxes this week.
-Our phone was hooked up today as well as our DSL line!
-We unpacked our last box today!
-Our house is starting to feel like home...

In between all that... Caleb cut 2 teeth, slept with Jerry and I until we got his crib, and started pulling himself up on our tables and couches! Sydney has reverted back to her screaming fits... yeah for us... but has shown great love for all of us, especially Caleb (sometimes too much!)! Xavier has adjusted pretty well... does unsmart things sometimes, like throw the Wii remote across the room b/c he is trying to bowl 'real fast' (just missed the new TV). Anna has lost a tooth and has become very helpful and reliable. Jay has a loose tooth and has become helpful in certain aspects!

We are hoping to try our first church on Sunday. We haven't really decided where we are going to start yet, but will hopefully find something that fits with our family well! We do not have neighbors on either side of us. We have a commander and a family that live a couple of houses down though. We have heard that the chaplain is to move in to one of the houses next to us. There are 4 houses around us that are done, just not occuppied. Behind our house there are another 3 being finished. So each morning we wake up to workers working on houses!

Evidently, we are somewhat near the firing range. Not close enough to catch a stray bullet or anything but within earshot of the firings and explosions. Almost sounds like a warzone! Well, only in the garage, laundry room and kitchen. The rest of our rooms must be sound proofed or something. We also hear sonic booms here. That is pretty fun. The first time I heard it we were at the pool with the kids and it sounded like something exploded. The second time I was in the house and my walls shook a bit. That will be something to get used to.

When we walk out our front door and look to our right, across the road we can see the horses in their corrals. That is pretty fun. Supposedly we can see deer in the morning if we get up early enough. So far we haven't seen them because we have been working until we are exhausted and then sleeping in with the kids... when they let us!

I think that is about it... We are settling. Now as Jay reminded me the other day, "Mom, we have been here for a whole week and we still don't have any friends...", we just have to start meeting people!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey! I saw you tonight at Olive Garden. I am the same one you got you some info on homeschooling groups on Facebook! I saw you had a blog so I thought I would drop by and check it out! :)

Sounds like its been crazy moving here, but hopefully you will get settled soon! I saw that you were looking for a church if you need any suggestions let me know we moved here in january and pretty much tried every church in town!

Desiree said...

Thank you so much for all your help! I thought I recognized you at Olive Garden but didn't get a chance to talk to you. I didn't think the others would like me shouting across the table to you! Ha! I will have to sit closer next time!