Sunday, July 12, 2009

Settling in...

We are settling into our new house. It is feeling more and more like home each day... although there are still moments that it feels like we are just "visiting" with all our things! Tomorrow we get our cable hooked up and our extra boxes picked up. So we will be able to watch regular TV and news AND reclaim our front porch. I am excited about that because I will be able to put down their mats under their play set and they can play while it is in the cool shade.

Caleb continues to pull up on everything. He is getting so big!

Xavier has been having problems going to sleep on his own lately. He likes to pester Jay and vice versa... not quite sure how we are going to remedy this but will figure something out. Evidently we are not getting all the energy out of our boys and yet the girls are passed out by bedtime.

We tried a church today. We liked it but will try some more before we make a decision. We went to a traditional service and it was VERY traditional. Not in a bad way, just felt like when I was growing up.

I have school planned out for the kids and I am going to start with them on the 20th of July. I think they are going to enjoy school this year. We got the test scores back from this past year and they were not bad but they were not entirely great either. I will test them again at the end of this year, but I will be the one administering the test so we will see if that makes a difference or not.

Jerry so far is enjoying his new work assignment. He took us by his building today and we drove around base to see what else there was around. Both of us are pretty excited that the gym isn't too far from our house. We are both taking classes. He is taking a spin and ab class. I am trying out an aerobics class, a spin class, and a step class. I have already done the step class and got completely stomped by older men! But, I will get there!! They have been going for years, so I don't feel so bad. I did get to see an OLD man do Zumba though... THAT was awesome!

All in all, we are slowly finding things to fill our time. We just don't have a lot of kids around or anything like that yet.

No comments: