Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just thoughts...

I love my kids! It is so hard for me to believe how big they have gotten. With Caleb turning one, it has just brought it all the more home for me. Jay is getting bigger and starting to need more responsiblity... Anna is becoming quite the little young lady with such a loving heart... Xavier is a bundle of energy that often gets hurt... Sydney is turning into a beautiful, if not spirited, dancer... and Caleb is starting to come into his own! Some days it is just chaos here... but I wouldn't trade those days for anything.

There are so many things that I look forward to doing with my kids as they get older. I watched "Dan in Real Life" a while back. And the thing that I took away from that movie was that I want to have a family get together like that some day. I want to have my kids and their families all together, playing games, hanging out, and just enjoying spending time together. I look forward to that time of life while I am enjoying this time of life we are in now.

Jerry and I watched "The Family Stone" a week ago and there is a scene in it where the dad looks at the youngest daughter sleeping on the couch and he pats her arm and says, "this is how we like her." That line cracks me up and whenever I see Sydney asleep on our couch that is the first thing that pops into my mind! They love their daughter just as much as their other 4 kids, but at that moment she is so peaceful and not full of "vinegar" that it is hard not see that how love can overflow in that moment. Another funny thing from that movie is that they have 3 boys and 2 girls!! However, I pray none of my boys does not turn out like one of theirs.

Well, I think that is it. Just had some thoughts that were on my mind! I hope everyone that reads this is doing well!

No comments: