Sunday, November 16, 2008

Early Thanksgiving and a week of plans!

Since my parents are going to be in the UK for Thanksgiving we decided to celebrate early with them this weekend. They were coming over for a conference at our church so we planned ahead of time what all we were going to do. They ended up not going to the conference but they did get to see Jay and Anna with their project at their FHG History Fair! This week we worked on our Creation project for the fair. I couldn't find the BIG poster board displays anywhere, but did find a smaller one. Worked out perfect, but then we got there and all the other kids had the BIG ones, food to taste, mini displays, papers, and just general what not that I did not THINK about having the kids do... Lame brain mom here did the best she could do with 3 small ones wanting attention too! Next time, I will be more prepared! The kids didn't even notice. They were more interested in looking at the other projects than hanging out around theirs. Jay, however, has Jerry's gift of briefing people. He would talk the people's arm off about what he learned and why we put a picture to the certain day... Anna on the other hand, has mommy's gift of gab. She would rather socialize, but she also knew her stuff!

Sydney has been in big girl panties for 24 hours now and hasn't had any accidents!! (I better find some wood to knock on!) She is doing a lot better. Daddy pointed out a little girl that is a month older than her at the History Fair and told Sydney, "See! That little girl is potty trained! She pee-pees in the potty... she wears big girl underwear. Don't you want to, too?" I am praying that this continues! We even took her to church and out to eat and she stayed dry! Now we just have to get her to make "eggs" in the potty. (#2)

Xavier is doing well. He was gpa's little man this weekend and just ate it up that gpa would read a book to him and he would repeat it and feel like he was reading. Guess preschool needs to start with him SOON! He is going to be a reader I think. Anna is like that too. She just gets it.

Caleb continues to get HUGE! He is due for his 2 mos. immunizations which we have to do this week.... I am NOT looking forward to that. It always breaks my heart when my kids cry at things like shots and things I know they have to do but it hurts them. I kind of think that not all of my hormones are back to normal just yet. There are times that I still feel really emotional about things. I don't like to show the weepy emotions but I feel like that is how I am sometimes. It probably has to do with lack of sleep too!

Jerry is doing well. Working on awards packages and hoping to get our next assignment nailed down sometime soon. He is going to be having shoulder surgery on December 3. So he will be home for most if not all of December! He had a good idea the other day about our family Christmas present... we are going to invest in a King Size bed. All of our kids don't fit on our bed anymore! I think the kids will enjoy having a bigger bed to climb into when they are scared! I know I will enjoy not feeling crowded in my own bed when they come in in the morning! Family movie nights are in the future!!

ANYWAY, this week is more school, scheduling, chore charts, and figuring out how best to encourage good character qualities in my kids! We are looking at going to Chucky Cheese on Thursday and the Boonshoft Museum on Friday. So it should be a fun, productive week.

I hope all are blessed this week!

No comments: