Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Getting ready for Turkey Day!

So I just realized that I haven't updated in over a week!! AGH! Life gets so crazy sometimes that things just kind of fall on the wayside!

The end of last week Jerry took the last couple of days off and we had "learning days" with the kids. We took them to the Boonshoft Museum and we had a BLAST! They had their new display or area up, whatever you want to call it. It was science in toys. We had the whole place to ourselves for about an hour and a half. It was great! The kids had the run of the place and spent quite a bit of time at each spot. There was a house that the kids could "build" around an already set of frame. They put all the "walls" on it and "shingles" and "bricks" and were so proud. I was thinking, "What great kids I have to leave a display all put together and the place looking neat..." I turned my back for 10 minutes and Sydney had gone over to it and taken everything off!! EVERYTHING! She is quite a little tornado of destruction when she wants to be. I was surprised she did it because usually she is my OCD child that has to have everything put away! It was funny!

Then Friday we took them to Chuck E. Cheese's!! Where a kid can be a kid, right?! Well, my kids had a lot of fun there...they usually do! They played all over the place. Sydney climbed off a horse ride the wrong way and was dangling... that was pretty funny (I know... mean mom!). She was freaking out and then dropped the inch, yes... I said inch, to the ground and was fine. Just a little shaken. She walked up the Skee Ball thing too. Xavier walked around and put coins into games and then walked away! Jay and Anna were really into getting tickets and their pictures "taken" by Chuck E. Cheese! All in all it was a great day.

Saturday we got our family pictures taken. And that actually went pretty well! The shirt I wore under my sweater showed in our family picture a little... so that was a little disappointing, but the one of Jerry and I together looked really good. It better too because I ordered 10x13s for our wall!! Ha!

On Monday I took the baby to the doctor and he is 12 lbs. 8 oz. now!! BIG boy!! He is in 6 mos. clothing by Carter's.... I love that brand!! It is so soft!! I bought him 6/9 mos. clothes for Christmas! He is such a good baby too. He took his shot like a trooper and hasn't had any bad effects. A little cranky but I think that is to be expected.

We are still waiting on official word as to where we will be going... a little frustrating but what can you do? Jerry has a bone scan on Monday the 1st and surgery on the 3rd. So our next couple of weeks leading up to Christmas will be very interesting.

Speaking of interesting... my gpa is getting married the Saturday after Christmas. That is in so many ways strange to me. But I am happy that he is happy. Plus I will get to see all (well, most) the family!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments: