Thursday, December 4, 2008

Great Holiday Season begins!

Our Thanksgiving Day was a fantastic one! We enjoyed the company of Jerry's side of the family along with my brother, Michael. The food was excellent and the conversation and visiting was so relaxing, I don't think we could have asked for a better day.

On Friday, Jerry came back with the four older kids and gma and gpa (his parents). They left me behind to go to lunch and a movie!! It was FANTABULOUS! Caleb didn't get into the movie so much, but he enjoyed lunch. Then Friday night I spent the evening with my brother and we watched Fred Claus. It has the BEST Silent Night that I had ever heard. I am talking moves you emotionally to hear it! I looked it up online to see who sang it and was shocked to see that Sinead O'Connor sang it.

I drove home on Saturday with the baby and it was a lonely ride. It took me longer to get home than normal so that kind of stunk but was all right. While I was gone the guys went fishing and gma stayed home with the kiddos. All was well when I got home. The guys had caught their limit but lost 2 fish before they left... SO they only ended up with 6 instead of 8. But they were still pleased, and that is what counts.

Gma stayed with us while gpa had to go home. She stayed with the kids on Wednesday while Jerry had his surgery done on his shoulder. Everything went well. It was just a LONG day at the hospital. I took Caleb with me and he was very well-behaved. He flirted with a young female airman while I ate. That was really funny! He would be gabbing at her and she would look away and he would squeal at her. I told him he was too young to be flirting with the ladies already!

Jerry is recovering now by resting. He is home until next Wednesday. That will be an interesting dynamic change to the house! I finally got the kids (Jay and Anna) piano lesson books. So we are going to start that next week. Tomorrow Jay and Anna have their Christmas Craft Day at our Coop. Gma is going to go with us so they will have supervision while I man a craft table! Xavier is still a wonder. Sydney still makes "eggs" in her pants.... aarrgghh... And Caleb is growing like a WEED, but still a good baby.

We ended up buying a King bed in Brownsburg this past weekend!!! We probably won't be bringing it home until after Christmas or so... I am hoping for before, but not holding my breath. We were going to wait to get it, but we got such a great deal (the bed and frame- headboard/footboard for the price of the bed on sale!!) that we couldn't pass it up! Now we just have to haul it home ourselves. Which we will with gpa's help!!

Christmas is coming up fast. We are almost done buying for Christmas!! I can't wait to see family and hang out and have holiday food and holiday fun!!

No comments: