Monday, February 23, 2009

Flu bugs stink...

Yesterday we had a couple of sick boys. Xavier was first. He had the runs and was cranky... so I took him upstairs and we took a nap together for a bit. He slept for 2 hours and I slept for 30 minutes. The funny thing about that is that usually if he naps... he doesn't go to bed on time. Well, that night he did and was passed out all night long, which worked out well since Jay was really sick. Jay threw up on our kitchen floor right as he was going to the bathroom because he said his "tummy was angry". Then he continued to be sick every hour after that until 4:30 a.m. It was draining and tiring. Thankfully, he feels a little better now... I just need to keep him hydrated, warm, and fed.

Then this morning, Sydney tried to take responsibility for her own breakfast and dumped Cheerios all over my living room floor. I told her, "Well, there is your breakfast! Have fun!" The floor is clean, in case you are wondering and the majority of them did land in her cup that she was using! She and Xavier split the cereal and were happy with that. Anna got her own cereal. I had them all drink water all day so that if they do catch anything it will hopefully flush out of their systems quickly.

Tonight I got to play Bunco with some really great ladies. If you ever wonder about how small the AF is, I can tell you! I met 3 different ladies that all knew someone that I knew! It was really neat to find that out. I had never met any of these women and yet only having been to 3 bases, I have met a lot of people. Makes me wonder if anyone that I have met over the years ever says, "Oh! Do you know the Ottingers?" It would be interesting to know what they say back!! I am sure it is probably along the lines of, "Have they had their 6th child yet?" or "They have how many now?"

Something else that is funny is that I have had so many adult conversations in the last 4 days, that I can't keep conversations straight anymore! It has been really nice to have those conversations too!! I found out that two of my friends are having twins! That is really exciting news for them! Unfortunately, I will not get to see them when they are born. Oh the joy of military life. On the other hand though, I find out people are moving and where too and get to get all excited about their move with them.

Jerry got our name on the housing list for Robins. We won't find out anything about a house until we are closer to moving. Which won't be for another couple of months... so we will have to wait and see! We are just praying that we know which path to take when the time comes to choose, stay in base housing? Or rent?

We'll see! Need to get to bed now!

No comments: