Sunday, March 29, 2009

Single parent week comes to a close!

My week of single parenting is finally up! The kids and I dropped Jerry off at the airport right before lunch last Saturday. He was supposed to be home LATE Friday night... well, 2 days later... he is finally home!! Hooray!

Our week went well. The kids and I went shopping for Sydney's birthday party, which we are having on the 4th with our families. I braved Michael's first and then we went to Target! They were really good for the most part. They helped me with ideas on what to pick out for the gift bags and the like. Tinker Bell is the theme but we are also going to "hunt" eggs! Should be fun.

Friday was a bittersweet day for me. I had to say good-bye, for now, to some neighbors. They are moving to GA, the same place we are going. It has been nice to really get to know them. It makes our move that much more smooth in my mind. We don't have to start from scratch with friends or for me... a support system!

I also had some childhood friends come over from out of town with their children. We had so much fun! All the kids played well together. Melissa had her 2 year old daughter, Amelia, and her 7 mos old son, Eli. Krysta had her 15 (?) mos old son, Victor. So we had LOTS of little ones, but it wasn't overwhelming. We fed the kids dinner and visited for awhile then got the kids all ready for bed. Once we got the kids settled, we ate BAD food and watched Twilight. We had to pause a couple of times, but that just meant we got to get refills on our food! The next morning our kids slept in until 8:30! It was wonderful!! We fed the kids breakfast. While the coffee brewed brewed for us, I made the adults lemon scones. We visited some more, and then they loaded up their child(ren) and headed out.

It is always so much fun to have friends over! The ones that you have known for a long time bring something different to a visit! To think back and revisit all the silly things we did, or serious things that happened... We had a nice time catching up on each others' extended family, baby stories, and life in general. I don't get a lot of adult time with other women. So when I get it... I enjoy it and cherish it. So THANK YOU Melissa and Krysta for stopping by to visit me and my kiddos!

Today the kids and I played the Playstation 2 and just had fun. We ate pizza and hung out until bed time. THEN Xavier decided he was going to hide under his bed while everyone else got ready for bed. This really isn't something new, I just let it go longer this time. I decided that if he wanted to hide... he could hide. I put all the other kids to bed and hugged and kissed them and left the room. A little while later, I heard him banging around playing. So I went in and asked him what he thought he was doing. He said he was ready to get ready for bed. I told him it was past that time and he better just get in bed. Jay was also informed that if he incited his brother to playing, he would be spanked as well. Sure enough, I had to spank their bottoms a little while later because they were playing again. However, I did not hear from them again!

Jerry pulled in safe. He had to take a taxi because I didn't have anyone to watch the kiddos and he was flying in late. It is good to have him home. We are going to be mapping out our "game plan" for the move and all that here in the next few weeks. Hopefully, we can make a trip to GA to do some house hunting... but as of right now... our calendar is looking VERY full!!

We'll see and keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Queen of the Castle said...

I just have to say I'm SO jealous you got to spend time w/ Melissa & Krysta!!!! Wish I could've been there to hang out with you guys! Miss ya!!!!!