Monday, March 23, 2009

Single parenting

Well this week I am a single parent. At least it is a week! Jerry meanwhile gets to enjoy AZ weather for the week! I am hoping for at least... spring weather! It always motivates me to clean and reorganize!! I might just paint some walls this week too!!

Our neighbors that are moving to GA (same place where we are going) are leaving this Friday... their packers are at their house and the movers come tomorrow. I will miss them! But at least I know I will see them in a couple of months. Unfortunately, they might not be just across the street anymore... but at least a short drive!

Jay has had a couple of really good weeks with school. His reading is so much better! He is motivated to read! Anna on the other hand, has been having a tougher time. I am not quite sure why, but I am hoping to narrow it down because it is really getting old! She seems to be getting more emotional... sigh... oh the things to come!

Xavier is now asking to do school! That is exciting and daunting all at the same time! Sydney even asked... but I think she was just more repeating what Xavier was saying. Who knows though... I start with Xavier she might want to as well! Could be good!!

Jerry and I are going to be attending the Cincinnati Homeschool Convention. It is downtown this year, so it should prove to be fun! I am looking forward to it. I am not sure how much he is, but it will give him some good bonding time with Caleb while I attend sessions. I am thinking that I am going to switch up some of my curriculum. I need boxes to check off... I think. We'll see.

I am slowly attempting to organize and slim down some of our possessions. It would be nice to have everything organized before we move, but I am just hoping to have the important stuff done!

Hope all is well!

No comments: