Monday, October 27, 2008

Falling behind...

So I realized that I am falling behind in my posts... Sorry to those who read it! This past week was extremely out of the ordinary.

First off, Xavier and Sydney went home with Gma Ottinger on Friday. Talk about a strange week? I was the mother of three! That was so out of the ordinary it kind of threw everything out of whack! It was a good break and I got things done that are made EXTREMELY difficult with 5 kids... but it was nice to get the back.

We celebrated Jay's 7th birthday on Tuesday and again this past Saturday with family. He had a great time and got just what he loves.... Star Wars toys and Legos! We let him pick what he wanted to eat on his birthday and he picked donuts for breakfast, peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, and Sonic for supper! He is so funny! But he had a great day all in all.

On Saturday, a week ago this past one, Jay and his soccer team played in a tournament. They won their first game and then lost the second. The kids at the second game where heads taller than ALL of our kids! And they just stomped them into the ground. Good thing was that our kids were upbeat the whole time and kept playing their little hearts out.

So this past week I got to spend a lot of one on one time with my older two, which I don't get very often. Well, I guess doing school I do, but this was fun one on one! This week my goal is to set some goals with the kids to get things done around the house and just chores in general. I figure they are old enough to really start helping. I just have to let go of the expectation that they will do it the way I want it done! We'll see how that goes.

My FIL made an observation about Xavier and Sydney this week after watching them that I thought was pretty funny! He told me that Xavier is a really quiet kid... in all actuality, it is Sydney that supplies 90% of our house's noise! Funny thing is... I could have told him that! They are both sweet kids, Sydney's nature is just a lot more stubborn than Xavier and she wants things her way or no way! Xavier is more of a go with the flow kind of boy and very polite. So now I just have to figure out how to get Xavier to rub off on Sydney!! Or rather teach her how to behave more like Xavier by finding a way to reach her on her level. Should prove interesting!

We got some other news this week too. We have orders in the AF system to go to Malmstrom AFB in Montana... That should prove to be a very interesting move if we get it. They want us to report February 1, 2009. Yeah... dead of winter... MOVE NORTH! We are waiting to see if Jerry get picked up for LCBP (Logistics Career Broadening Program). If he does, our orders will be cancelled and we won't move until August of 2009. There are positives to both jobs and really hard to choose one over the other. Montana is somewhere most people got to visit... not necessarily to live... and the LCBP could still put us out west somewhere. However, we would not be moving in the middle of winter either! God has a plan, we are just waiting for his hand to move us where he wants/needs us.

This week has started out smoothly. Xavier and Sydney have a cough, I have a cough, and Jerry had to go to the doctor for his cough because it made them postpone his surgery until the first of December... Hopefully, we will all be healthy soon! I think that has everything all caught up.

No comments: