Monday, October 6, 2008

Soccer is intense!

This past week was pretty uneventful. The kids were reasonably good! Xavier and Sydney are still either loving each other or annoying each other. Anna finished her soccer season. She got a trophy and was pretty proud of that. Jay still has one more week of games before he is done... and let me just say, even at 6 and 7 year old leagues... parents get pretty uptight about things!

Saturday Jay had a game against St. Helen's team. Our parents are VERY supportive of all our kids. And I really couldn't tell what the other parents take on the whole thing was, but our parents were pretty upset. We have a little guy on our team that is kind of awkward... what kid isn't at that age? Well, the other team's coach (or parent... couldn't tell!) thought that this kid was trying to slide tackle his players. He actually tried to get our kid kicked out of the game! HELLO!! If he had watched the kid, he would have seen him falling off and on constantly. The worst part was his players were bullying ours and the ref wouldn't call anything on them but gave our kid a yellow card... Wow... parents were fired up! I just sat there and observed. Had it been Jay though... I would have been just as peeved. I doubt I would have been as vocal... Ha! Probably not. The only thing that really bothered me about the game, besides the other coach/parent picking on our kids and talking to the kids was that they let a player stand right in front of Jay for half the game and thought nothing of it. (Jay is the goalie... and that is not allowed!) All in all it was a very interesting game. One of the more interesting ones that we have had by far!

Well, little Caleb is wanting attention and school is not getting done because I am not giving Jay and Anna my full attention... I can't wait until they are more responsible and can read all their work themselves!!

No comments: