Monday, September 29, 2008

Late Update!

This past week was kind of crazy... and I am sure that this one will be even crazier!

Last week Jerry had the week off from work. So we adjusted as much as we could to being a family of 7 instead of 6. It went pretty well, I think. We had a lot of fun with the kids. We took them to the Boonshoft Museum and explored. We had soccer games and practices and daily playtime outside as the weather was beautiful last week!

Xavier and Sydney are two of the funniest kids right now. They either get along or they are at each other's throats! Sydney thinks she can discipline him and vice versa. The other day they were playing out on our swing set. Xavier fell off the lower swing backwards and is laying on the ground crying and Sydney runs over and hops her little fanny up on the swing and starts swinging over the top of him! She didn't see if he was all right because she wanted the swing to begin with and as it was vacant... well, she helped herself!

Jay and Anna are improving at soccer. Jay LOVES being goalie. He did really well at his game this past Saturday. He didn't let any goals in and his team had really improved on their team work. Anna made a goal in her last game and was slightly embarrassed by all the cheers! She is such a funny girl. Both are doing well with their school work. We have grumbles here and there but for the most part they are happy getting their school work done and learning!

Caleb is growing like a weed!! Already he is 9 lbs. 1 oz., well, by now he is more than that... That was his weight on Thursday, his two week well-baby check up. His head had also grown 2 cm. and his length is now 21.75 inches! He has gone up to Sz. 1 diapers and size 3 mos. in Carter's clothes! It is crazy how fast this kid is growing! He sleeps well and eats well too. He even has more awake moments now.

I am doing well with recovery and all that. I was back in my clothes 12 days after having him. People ask me HOW?! I don't know. It is just the way God made me. I am thankful for that! The kids think it is funny that I have a small tummy now. Sydney is the most confused. She still pulls my shirt up every once in awhile to see where the "baby went"!

This week could be a big week for us. We find out when Jerry has surgery on his shoulder and hopefully where our next assignment is. We are still holding out hope for Florida... but who knows! Hopefully, their decision will be made by the end of this week so that we can really start getting ready for our move. Or at least we will have a time line to work with!

Well, I think that is it. Jerry is back to work this week and I am home alone with the kids... so this will be an interesting week! I am sure many funny things will happen!

Love to all of you!

No comments: