Monday, August 4, 2008

Back Home in Indiana

So the kids and I had a conversation on Friday morning as to why I still call going to Gma and Gpa Dragon's/Ottinger's "going home". Jay and Anna were really confused as to why I would call their houses home and not so much ours. That is tough one to explain! So I tried to explain that our parents' homes will always be our home (meaning Jerry and I). Especially Jerry's parents because he was raised in that house. When it all came down to it, they asked that I not call going to Indiana "going home" and that I save that reference for when we go to our house. We'll see how that goes... I will probably forget and still call it "going home". Home to me is where family is. It is hard to call my house home, when I know we will move in the next year or so. But for my kids' sake, I am working on it!

Jerry and I attended a wedding/reception for one of my roommates in college on Saturday evening. And I have to say, it was a lot of fun to get away without the kids and have 4 hours of uninterrupted conversation with my husband on the drive there and back! Not to mention that we had a blast catching up with my roommates and their significant others. Had I not been 35+ weeks I think I would have lasted a little longer!

The kids stayed with my parents and went to church with them on Sunday morning. They were well-behaved and didn't give gma and gpa too much grief overall! Then we all went over to Jerry's parents' house for a FABULOUS fish fry! We got to see family that we had not seen for awhile (especially Jerry!). It was wonderful watching the kids play with cousins outside and eat watermelon and just visit with family. Sydney did try to pee standing up in gma's bathroom and that did not turn out to well, but other than that she did stay dry all day! Hooray! Hopefully the end is in sight with potty-training... Lord knows, I am still not pushing it!

Jerry and his dad are fishing the next couple of days, Wednesday we are taking the kids to the Children's Museum, Thursday is our anniversary - 9 years!!, and Friday we are hoping to catch up with his sisters before we head home. Then we have a full weekend at home and into the first of the week... That should prove interesting!

Well, it is time to start getting motivated to do something today! I got my first update done and will probably have more throughout the week! We hope you all are doing well!

No comments: