Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hoping to have a baby soon...

So... the doctor told me I am almost 4 cm... she thinks if I hit 5 I will have him VERY QUICKLY! That is good and bad. Good that it will go quick, bad that I might not have an available neighbor or family won't have time to get here!! Should be very interesting!! But honestly, we are just hoping that he comes soon and with some warning. Jerry says he can catch worst case scenario and we have an EMT across the street and an ER nurse down the way and a Peds nurse across the street! BUT we don't like to think in those terms!!

The kids are doing well. We took them to the Boonshoft Museum today. They had so much fun running all over the place playing in their Chinasaurs area and all the other exhibits. We walked around and around and around!

After Anna's soccer practice we took the kids to McDonald's to support our babysitter Hannah's cheerleading team's fund raiser. They were so excited to see her and help her out! Xavier was so happy he ran into a post! Don't know how he missed it but he did! Kind of funny... We met up with some other neighbors there and plan to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's tomorrow! We are packing in the family/neighbor time before our baby comes and our BIG MOVE.

Funny moment this week:

Earlier this week I took Anna to the doctor to have her hearing and eye sight checked. And it was really kind of funny the way the nurse handled her. Of course, I talked to Anna about 'these are tests and if you don't listen you won't do very well and they will worry that something is wrong with you' and she listened very well for the hearing exam. Then came the eye test and the nurse put up a poster with 3 different pictures on it; an apple, umbrella, and house. Anna is standing maybe 6-7 ft. away and is telling the woman 'circle, triangle, square' instead of the picture names. The nurse got a little frustrated, so I kindly said to her, "Please try the letters. She will do better." I think she thought I was not serious, but she did it and had Anna move back 4 ft. So my little girl stands there, and just goes to town on telling her which letter she is pointing to. The nurse was a little dumbfounded but pleasantly surprised that my kid actually did know her letters.

Anyway... that is about all that is going on here... we hope to give you all good news soon!

No comments: