Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Still no baby... : (

So Saturday was an eventful day! First Xavier has figured out how to use key phrases at poignant times! For instance, after supper I was cleaning up the kitchen by loading our dishes in the dishwasher and Xavier was finishing his supper. I was turned for loading and didn't see him come up behind me until he said, "HEY, Momma! Are you going to wipe me off already?" Little stinker! It was so funny the way he said it with his little, deep voice and his serious tone. I turned and looked at him and said, "Excuse me?!" Then he smiled like, 'Oh... maybe that isn't how I should have said it'. Then he added a 'please' to his statement! Ha! He is too much sometimes!

Later that night I started having really good contractions. Called a neighbor to watch the kids, called mom to come over, and really thought we were on the road to have a baby... Well, as luck would have it, we had great contractions until 3 cms and then labor stalled. They gave me a relaxing pill to take, thinking it would ease the back pressure and it did. But I also stalled where I was. So we came home about 10 AM on Sunday, with no baby, and a little... okay, a LOT bummed! I think this child is going to be really stubborn!

We did more last minute errands yesterday. I got the girls some clothes on clearance at Kohl's and Sydney some new shoes, much to her delight! The boys didn't luck out there though. The clothes for the boys were either not their size or not on clearance! That kind of stunk... Thankfully they still have clothes to grow into!

I rearranged the living room a little more too. Added another shelf for our Wii and Play Station2, and another cabinet with doors to lock up the crayons and markers!! I have it planned to start school on the 15th of Sept. I am starting to wonder if I should have already started since our little guy is still not here!! Oh well, I am going to stick to the plan.

For those of you who don't know, we are looking to move in January. We found out last week that we were looking at a new assignment. We were a little surprised since it is only our 3rd year, but a little glad too! We love being close to home, but Jerry is just not being challenged at his job. Right now it looks like FL will be our next destination. It would be great, but we are trying not to get too excited just in case things change! So we will keep you posted.

Jay and Anna start their soccer games next week! Jerry got roped into coaching Anna's team since her team still doesn't have a coach. It is so fun to watch the kids at this age! I am going to have to go watch a practice to see my husband coaching a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds!!

Well, I think that is it. Until we have a baby everything is kind of 'going with the flow' of life.

We miss you all and look forward to seeing some of you soon!

2 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

so possibly FL,eh? i have to admit, i was kinda hoping you would get sent out closer this direction! ;-) heehee!
well, it sounds like you're staying busy while still waiting...and waiting...and waiting! ha! i hope for your sake he comes SOON! ;-) do you have the birth announcements all done now? haha!

Desiree said...

Yes, actually I do have the birth announcements done! Ha!